All 16 year old students in the State of New Jersey who want to learn to drive must be registered with a State licensed and insured driving school. They must complete a six-hour behind-the-wheel driving course of instruction, in order to receive their permit to drive. Although the permit cannot be purchased before the actual day of their 16th birthday, we can complete the paper work and the scheduling can be arranged before the students 16th birthday.
We need the following documents in order to purchase your permit:
- A primary identification document. It can be any of the following:
- An original County birth certificate - (with the raised Seal).
- A United States passport.
- An alien identification card (Green Card).
- If adopted, Birth Certificate with original adoption papers.
- Your Social Security Card number.
- If you have completed the driver’s education course in school, we will need your blue score card. If you have not taken the test at school, we offer it in our office – free of charge.
- Have a parent bring you into our office with these documents, fill out a form, take an eye test (and a written test, if needed) and schedule your lessons.
REMEMBER: If you don’t have the blue score card from school, we will give you the written test in our office, as soon as you take the eye test.